Tuesday 22 December 2009

Sooooo Exciting!

I know I have said this before but I just love Christmas to bits! All the stuff that is involved in it I think is brill. I love buying the presents and giving them, receiving them and I definitely love all the food that comes along at Christmas too. I don't however love having a cold at Christmas and I do! Boo hooo! Ok that was me feeling incredibly sorry for myself and now I am back on track. You know sometimes we can have a look at our lives and think... if only! If only we had more money how much fun Christmas would be, if only we had a bigger house then how much more room we would have for Christmas presents and parties. If only's never get us anywhere but discontended. As I feel sorry for myself with a stinking cold really i look around and see how fortunate I am. I know of one lady this year who will be spending Christmas all alone because she is estranged from her family.I think now how fortunate I am to be going to My mum's house and spending a family Christmas. When we look at ourselves only, we have a tendeny to think.... if only but when we realise what others must bear on a daily basis then sometimes it helps us to get our lives in perspective! We can't always afford the fine things of life as what the catalogue would tell us would be the top ten gifts but we have something that no ammount of money can buy. Jesus does really make our lives richer... why not give the gift of Jesus to someone in your neighbourhood this year. Someone who seems to have it all yet maybe has nothing at all or someone who you know is hurting with a pain they could hardly describe. Invite them over to play a game or have a coffee, or both!
I am going to try it... will you join me?
I hope you have a wonderful CHRISTmas. Put Him first and include Him in all your traditions.... your family will benefit!
With love, Elizabeth. xxxx

1 comment:

Esther said...

Thinking of you all, and wishing you all a wonderful CHRISTmas and a happy New Year! With our love, Esther, Liesl & Reuben xx