Wednesday 11 June 2008

The first day of the rest of your life?


We had a brilliant day yesterday. School went really well and we were finished in no time at all. I got many of the jobs done that I had wanted to get done. I appreciated just having time to do stuff that often gets overlooked in the busyness of life. We even watched together some Little House on the Prairie which my kids really love.
Time with the family is very important and people tell you all the time to take it as it goes so fast. Days do just speed by don't they and we will never be able to get them again. Make every day count in your lives and the lives of those you are with. Someone said live every day as if it were your last. I agree with that but would add live every day as if you knew Jesus was coming back that night. For He may just return today. For at such a time as you think not the Son of man is coming. Be prepared and live life so that you have no regrets. You will never say at the end of your life "I wish I had spent more time at the office", but you may indeed say "I wish I had spent more time with the Lord and my family", do it now!
Enjoy this day, with love Elizabeth. xx

No comments: