Friday 30 May 2008

Give me more!


I am reading a really good book at the moment called My Hearts Cry by Anne Graham Lotz (daughter of Billy Graham). I have only just started it but she is a writer that I have enjoyed before. Right now she is telling the background to the Eastern Shepherds and how they knew their sheep. She speaks of her desire to not just have a "normal" Christian life that so many Christians seem to be happy to settle for. She wants more. The Apostle Paul wrote, "For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives it's name.
I pray that out of his glorious riches.... you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more....."
I don't want to settle for the ordinary life I want an extraordinary experience with Jesus as the Commanding Officer. It means though that I must let go of my desires and make sure that I line up my life with what God's will is.
We have the Family time today at Gorgie so it would be great if Clair and Kourtney would come. So many people need the Lord, and it is our responsibility to share Him with anyone who will listen.
Today don't settle for a second rate Christian experience but give your all to God.
Hope you have a fab day! Love Eliz. xx

No comments: